Now while Amish dining tables may be the better known product that these master craftsmen turn out, Amish coffee tables are another much sought after item when it comes to Amish living room furniture. Amish coffee tables can be an excellent addition to any living room space not just because they are a sturdy and beautiful article of furniture, but as well because they are versatile and can be practically useful for a number of reasons –
1. A coffee table can be a great complement to a set of Amish living room furniture or even an ensemble set of furniture that is a clever amalgam of mix and match. It can be an attractive focal point in a living room that can house decor elements such as keepsakes, photo frames, vases, bowls, table lamps and so on.
2. A coffee table can act as a center table for the living room, which can be very useful for when you’re entertaining, to set out bowls of snacks, drinks, crisps and so on.
3. A coffee table can be very useful for performing the office that it is named for – serving coffee! Though this genteel pastime of having a tea party or serving coffee in a more formal setting is not something that we engage in very often in recent times, a coffee table can come in really handy for when one is calling a few friends or neighbors over for a light repast of tea and snacks simply getting together for a just a cup of coffee and a chat.
4. In the hall, a coffee table can be a general odds and ends kind of table, where one can keep bags, brief cases, laptop bags, backpacks and other odds and ends rather than dumping them untidily on the ground.
5. A coffee table can also be used for housing outsize books that will not fit into regular sized book shelves and which go by the appropriate name of coffee table books. Typically these are large, lavish books that are more pictorial in nature and which need to be displayed appropriately. Since they are typically of very large dimensions, a coffee table is an ideal place to keep them, so they can lie flat and so that they are easily accessible.
6. A low coffee table can be an excellent place to display indoor plants in pots, bowls and so on. a whole bunch can be displayed all together, creating a lovely green nook for your living room.
7. An appropriately sized Amish coffee table can even do the work of an entertainment center. You can place your TV atop the table or since so many TVs today are the flat kind that can be hung on the wall, this leaves the coffee table surface free for keeping your DVD, music system, speakers, CD player, CD collection and other odds and ends that you need to.
All of these uses make an Amish table a very versatile and practical addition to your hall or living room space.
Check out the dining room chairs collection at this Ann Arbor furniture store. Amish furniture can make a splendid addition to your home or office.