Scissor lift tables, also called scissor lifts, platform lifts and lift tables have a simple use – to raise or lower a product on a platform. They make overhead tasks safer and more effective as well as helping to improve proper location of materials which helps avoid work related injuries. These tables are composed of three basic components, a platform, scissor legs and a lower frame assembly.
It allows operators to lift large amounts of weight easily and safely, reducing the risk of workplace injury. Platform lifts help reduce incidents of musculoskeletal disorders by positioning work and objects at a suitable height for operators. This simple concept is safe and reliable, which is why it is widely used in a number of different industries, including:
1. Wood working
2. Metal working
3. Paper, printing and publishing
4. Warehousing and distribution
5. Light assembly
6. Heavy machinery and transportation
Lift Tables are designed and built for a wide variety of uses and different industrial processes, including:
1. Work positioning in assembly operations and manufacturing
2. Load positioning (when integrated into conveyor systems)
3. Materials position in machine feeding applications
4. Pallet loading and unloading (usually for cartons of finished or unfinished goods)
Platform lifts are available with either a manual hydraulic pump action or an electric motor. In addition there are multiple stage scissor lifts (such as double or triple). Hydraulic lift tables use one or more hydraulic cylinders to move the platform up and down. Double stack two sets of scissor legs on top of each other while triple stack three sets of scissor legs on top of each other. It is the design of these multiple stage scissor lifts, which will raise the platform to larger heights. Therefore, this is an ideal choice for robotic integration and applications where operators may have to work underneath the product.
When purchasing a lift table there are a number of factors to take into consideration:
1. What quantity of loads do you want the lift table to handle?
2. Will you be using the table indoors or outdoors (or both)?
3. What weight will you need to lift up to?
4. What is the elevation, which the weight has to raise up to?
5 Is a double scissor lift table required
6. What environment will the machine be used in?
The benefits of using lift tables are numerous – they will make your workplace safer, more efficient and effective and reduce the risk of workplace injury, all excellent reasons to seriously consider scissor lift tables.
Assisting employers who believe in implementing workplace safety to avoid injury, Midland Pallet Trucks are experts in workplace safety solutions and provide a wide variety of products and applications like manual pallet lifters and pallet trucks to solve workplace safety needs.
Lift Tables and
Manual stacker available from Midland Pallet Trucks